- $300 – $800 million equity investment per transaction.
- Moderate use of leverage
- Majority ownership with management participation
- Return objective consistent with strategic rather than financial buyers
- No turnaround or distressed assets
- Growth industries with positive, long-term underlying macro trends and drivers.
- Attractive competitive dynamics
- Sectors of focus include healthcare, technology, advanced industrial, business services.
- Revenues > $50 million
- Sustainable long-term organic growth profile
- Proven, strong structural/unit economic profitability
- Cash flow positive preferred today, required over time
- US or Nordic headquarters
- Platform businesses with proven business model
- Sustainable competitive advantage (e.g. brand power, technology differentiation, high switching costs)
- Long-term focus on value creation and indefinite holding period
- Low reliance on leverage
- Global network of companies and people
- Strong capital base to support growth initiatives (both organic and M&A)
- Established, highly — referenceable investor with strong reputation and track record of success
- Price competitive given long-term holding period and approach to value
- Streamlined process with no financing contingencies
- Reputation for integrity and transparency
- Strong operating flexibility enabled by capital depth, moderate leverage, and long holding horizon.
- Management incentive plan allowing management to share in value creation at predefined exit windows
- Ability to invest in value-creating initiatives
- Opportunity to pursue strategic transactions
- Minimal process distraction to management — continuous focus on value maximization
- Global network of Investor AB and Wallenberg family contacts.
Case Studiesview all
Aptalis Pharma is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company providing innovative therapies for unmet medical needs, including gastrointestinal disorders and cystic fibrosis.Read The Case Study
BlueArc is a provider of scalable, high performance, network storage systems for the enterprise and data intensive markets, such as electronic discovery, entertainment, internet services and life sciences.Read The Case Study